Build Big Biceps or Sculpt Lean Arms by incorporating these Arm Exercises in your Workout Routines!
Welcome to our Best Bicep Exercises list!
5. Zottman Bicep Curl: The Zottman Bicep Curl is one of two isolation exercises that made our list of best bicep exercises. This variation of the Dumbbell Bicep Curl is a great bicep exercise that uses dumbbells and a twisting motion to effectively work your biceps and forearms.
At the top of the exercise in the contracted position, you twist your wrists to a pronated (palms facing down) grip. With this grip, you’ll then lower the weight to the starting position and repeat.
4. Barbell Bicep Curl: The Barbell Bicep Curl is the second of two isolation bicep exercises that made our list. This classic bicep exercise allows you to pile on weight and use all the muscles of the biceps and forearms to curl the weight to the top. No other bicep exercise gives you a pump quite like the Barbell Bicep Curl.
Make sure you don’t swing your hips or back during this bicep exercise. Also, be sure to concentrate on your biceps contracting throughout the lift and keep your elbows in a fixed position.
3. Reverse Grip Bent Over Row: We admit, it may be stretching it (even more than our two best bicep exercises shown next) to say that theReverse Grip Bent Over Row is primarily a bicep exercise as this exercise also targets the upper back and lats. However, this bicep/back exercise is one of the best Compound Exercises for building bigger biceps.
The best thing about this version of the bent over row is that you can pack on much more weight than you can with a typical bicep curl and by using a supinated (palms facing up/away) grip, you’ll keep tension on your biceps. Concentrate on your biceps throughout the exercise to further enhance the lift.
2. Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups: Now we get to the absolute must have, best bicep exercises. These bicep exercises should be included in most all Fat Loss Workouts and Muscle Building Workouts. Coming in at number two on the list is Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups.
This standard Chin Ups variation of is one of the best Compound Exercisesfor sculpting or strengthening your biceps as well as your back. You can do the exercise on a pull up bar that has additional handles facing each other or using a V-Bar as pictured. For additional resistance, hold a dumbbell between your feet or attach a weight plate to a dipping belt.
1. Chin Ups: Chin Ups are one of the most basic and best weight training exercises for building Strength in the Biceps and Back. Like Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups explained above, Chin Ups also use gravity to force you to lift the weight of your body, which is much more beneficial than using a 25-50 pound dumbbell to isolate the biceps like most bicep exercises.
Like Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups, Chin Ups are an absolute must have and should be included in most all Fat Loss Workouts and Muscle Building Workouts. “Chins” are the only compound exercise that primarily targets the biceps.
For additional resistance, hold a dumbbell between your feet or attach a weight plate to a dipping belt.