If you are one of those people who only like to work out your “Show Muscles” (chest, arms, abs, and some shoulders) then move on, but if you are looking to have a thick, dense and well balanced upper body then stick around. Today we are going to discuss how to turn your Back into wide thick wings of muscle.
Here are some pointers to help back training:
- Use a thumb press grip, where you use an over hand grip with your 4 fingers around the bar and press your thumbs on the bar. This will lead into the next pointer.
- Use enough pressure on the bar to hold, but don’t squeeze too hard on the bar or you will engage the forearms and biceps too much. The thumb press will help with this.
- Holding onto the bar or weight, drive you elbows as far back as possible trying to pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Feel you muscle contract and leave your ego at the door. Too many beginners use way to much weight and never feel the muscle working.
- Your back should be straight and your chest out.
The Back is a very large and complex muscle group so you will need to use a little more volume than most of your other muscle groups.
All exercises should be performed in perfect form because bad form or habits that you start now will follow you and will lead to lack of progress or worst off injury in the future.