1. 24 Cherries: We love this sweet little fruit. Cherries are packed with antioxidants that help reduce your chance of heart attack, and also naturally help cut down belly fat. Be sure to eat the raw ones, not the ones from a sugar-filled jar!
2. A 1-ounce smoked salmon (about 1 slice) on four Wheat Thins: Eat this for a mid-morning snack if you’re hungry before lunch, as smoked salmon is full of protein to keep you feeling full throughout the day.
3. Two Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Wedges on cucumber slices: Laughing Cow cheese is a great snack to pack for lunch. They come in pre-sliced individual triangles so you can grab a few and go! For a no-carb option, we like them on cucumbers, celery and carrots.
4. A small frozen banana dipped in sugar-free chocolate syrup: This could easily be a dessert substitute or a snack for the kids when they’re asking for candy (or when mom and dad are sneaking in the candy jar as well). The bananas will freeze into a popsicle like consistency but without all the extra sugar, and it’s a great tasting alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. A 1-ounce fat-free Greek yogurt with raspberries: Greek yogurt with berries is a sweet pick-me-up any time of the day to keep you energized. Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt so you’ll feel full until your next meal. We want a low-carb snack that will keep us satisfied so we don’t go moseying around the vending machines.
6. Roasted Brussels sprouts with one ounce of prosciutto: Roasting Brussels sprouts is a tasty way to get some of your daily fiber and vitamin C. Roast them in olive oil or coconut oil to get your healthy fats. If you’re craving a savory addition to your greens, enjoy one ounce of prosciutto.
7. Half a mango and 2 ounces of low-fat cottage cheese: The flavor combination of cottage cheese and mango is super tasty, and the nutrition and energy boost this mighty snack provides is so worth it! We also love peaches, cantaloupe, grapes and pineapple in our cottage cheese.
8. Two celery stalks and one tablespoon of natural peanut butter: This snack is a classic low-carb snack for a reason! Celery has virtually no ca
Post your comment