1. YOU AREN’T DRINKING WATER
A small study even found that drinking cool water can speed up metabolism and discourage cravings for sugary drinks like soda and juice. Now that’s a reason to stay hydrated!
2. YOU THINK WALKING YOUR DOG IS ENOUGH
You’ve got to kick it up a notch — big time — and do at least 30 minutes a day of heart-pumping exercise. Big calorie and fat burners include running.
3. YOU OVEREAT HEALTHY FOODS
Nuts, avocados, whole wheat pasta, olive oil, and dark chocolate are all natural and healthy, but they aren’t void of calories. You still need to watch how much you eat of the good stuff.
4. YOU ONLY DO CARDIO
Not only does weight training prevent injury by strengthening the joints, but it also builds muscle mass and increases metabolic rate
5. YOU EXERCISE WITH AN EMPTY STOMACH
If you regularly exercise without eating first, you should reconsider: when you work out on an empty stomach, research shows that the calories burned come from muscle, not fat.
6. YOUR PARTNER ISN’T ON THE SAME HEALTHY ROAD
7. YOU LEAVE OUT ENTIRE FOOD GROUPS
Rather than, say, eliminating all carbohydrates, focus on whole grains and remember to monitor portion control
8. YOU DON’T SLEEP ENOUGH
9. YOU DON’T EAT ENOUGH VEGGIES
10. YOU EAT WHILE STANDING UP
11. YOU WEAR CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG
12. You’re on a Diet. Well, Sort Of . . .
13. You’re Addicted to Condiments and Toppings
A salad is one of the healthiest meals you can have, but when you top it with bacon bits, goat cheese, nuts, dried fruits, and ranch dressing, you can double the calorie amount in a flash.
14. You Don’t Eat Breakfast
Keep in mind that people who eat breakfast regularly lose more weight.
15. You Don’t Practice Portion Control
Keep measuring cups and spoons on hand to make sure your serving sizes are appropriate, and learn how to give your body the “I’m full” signal in order to help you drop the fork when the time is right and move on with your day.
16. You Eat Without Thinking
17. You Don’t Cut Your Food
18. You Still Drink Soda
19. You Don’t Eat Enough
20. You Overindulge in Low-Fat Foods
21. You Eat the Wrong Post-Workout Snacks