Here are my quick and dirty tips for building massive shoulders. Use them wisely!
– Use compound and isolated exercises for overall development/strength.
– Start off with overhead shoulder presses while shoulders are fresh and you can handle more weight.
– Do dumbbell side lateral raises for building the “caps” of your shoulders.
– Keep rest time for isolation exercise to a maximum of 60 seconds.
– Use forced reps to go beyond failure.
– Do partial reps to completely exhaust the muscle.
– Do rear delt cable flys, and hold and squeeze each contraction.
– Do negative reps.
– Do drop sets to increase the intensity.
– Flex shoulders between sets to help mind muscle connection.