Here are some exercises to build big forearms that you can do for faster growth and strengthening of your forearms muscles.
1. Do your arm curls with boards. Grab a thin board and curl those arms. This will work efficiently on your arms and hand grip at the same time.
2. Make use of hand grippers if available. This exercise apparatus is designed to build extreme hand strength which will lead to big forearms. They can be done frequently because forearms can take a lot of volume. Maintain at least 20 to 25 repetitions per set.
3. Do some weight crawls for a fun workout. This can be done either indoors or outdoors, just make sure that you use a carpet for comfort and safety. Another thing that you need to consider is the floor of the place where you will execute the exercise.
Here is how you do this exercise. Pick up two dumbbells and put both of the weights on the floor that is merely at a distance of shoulder-width. Be in the push-up position placing your arms on top of the weights. Make sure that the weights are steady and properly settled on the ground to keep a well balanced body. While in the push-up position, gently lift the weights in your right hand using the pinch type of grip and slowly move forward for like one (1) foot. Do this while your body is being supported by your left arm holding and balancing on the other weight. Do exactly the same thing, but now with your left hand. Continue the routine in the same exact manner for about 10-15 counts. This workout will certainly get you big forearms after a few months because of all the stabilization it needs. You may also do this exercise while crawling backwards.
4. Have fun with finger push-ups. Execute your push-ups but instead of supporting yourself on the palm of your hands, try with your fingers. With time, you will see the big forearms come that you wish for. The stronger you get, the less fingers you can support yourself with. If you can achieve push-ups with only 3 fingers, then you have great grip strength and most certainly big forearms.
5. Brick Challenge. Grab a set of bricks and walk with them as long as you can. Try to always increase the time you can support them.
6. The Sledge Hammer Toss. Get a sledge hammer and toss it up in the air at the highest possible point that you can. This forearms workout will surely improve the strength of your forearms and certainly the size. This will get you big forearms in no time.
7. Curls with plates. Do your regular curls but use plates instead of a bar. Hold the plates so it is horizontal with the floor. This forearms workout will improve your strength and balance.
8. Forearms workout with the use of thick bars. Grab a thick bar and grip it as hard as you can. This will definitely improve you gripping power and will improve the condition of your tendons and ligaments. This is the single best exercise to get you big forearms fast. You can achieve big forearms without incorporating extra exercises in your routine.
9. Do forearms workout in high repetitions: Because your forearms are mainly slow twitch fibers dominant, they respond better to high repetitions and high volume. You can work them every other day if you wish. Don’t be afraid of overtraining.