How to Deadlift. As a 500lb drug-free raw Deadlifter who started his strength journey not even able to do a single Push-up, I’ve found correct technique to be crucial for Deadlifting big weights and eliminating lower back pain.
Always start with the bar on the floor. Pulling from the safety pins is a Rack Pull. Deadlifting top down is a Romanian Deadlift. With conventional DEADlifts the bar must always start on the floor. Here’s how to Deadlift in 5 easy steps:
- Stand with the bar above the center of your feet – your stance should be a bit more narrow than shoulder-width to give your arms room.
- Grab the bar overhand so your arms are vertical to the floor – if your hamstrings are tight, do Squat 2 stands to boost your hip flexibility.
- Bend through your knees until your shins hit the bar which must remain above the middle of your feet. Shoulder-blades directly over the bar.
- Lift your chest but don’t squeeze your shoulder-blades like on Squats. Just put your shoulders back & down, head inline with rest of your spine.
- Pull – keep the bar close to your body, roll it over your knees and thighs until your hips and knees are locked. Do not lean back at the top.
And that’s all there is to it. Lower the bar by pushing your hips back first, and then bend your knees once the bar reaches knee level (NOT before otherwisethe bar will hit your knees). Repeat for 5 reps on StrongLifts 5×5.
I love it
.?Elisabeth Halfpapp (best name I