Calf Exercises: How to Donkey Raise
The Donkey Calf raise is a great exercise for the calves, but my gym doesn’t have a dedicated machine.
- Position the higher pad on the machine such that when you position yourself as shown in the pictures, the weights must be slightly lifted.
- Keeps your knees slightly bent, the balls of your feet on the platform, and your waist bent 90 degrees. Lower your heels until you feel a stretch in the calves.
- Slowly raise the weight by pushing through the balls of your feet and contract your calves.
- Hold for 2 seconds then repeat.
- To target inner and outer calves, point your toes inwards and outwards respectively.